Sunday 31 March 2013

Gloucester Quays Home and Garden Party

There's a home and garden fair on at Gloucester Quays over the bank holiday weekend, me and my mum checked it out yesterday. The weather was actually ok for most of the day and there was even some sun for a while! There was a nice selection of stands, some garden, home décor and food with some live music and talks by celebrity guests (although we didn't catch any of these).

I could have spent a fortune on all the pretty things (I will do post on the stuff that I actually bought soon) but tried my hardest not to buy things that I couldn't see a place for!

First up these glass works from Aspire Art Glass
I was tempted by the grey swirly coasters in the middle above, but we already have our coasters that I DIYed a while back (I will do a how to on those soon!). The hanging ornament below was lovely and it's a bit hard to see in this picture but it had a kind of tree in the middle.
The rest of the hanging ornaments were great (They did them in birthstone colours for each month) and I would have bought one but couldn't think of anywhere to hang them, they would look lovely in a garden or hanging off a shelf.
Next to them was tokyo dolls and their lovely homewares and accessories. These door knobs were lovely, and if I had a project going on I would have so bought the blue flower ones
These hand creams were cute and a few would look great on a dressing table
I liked these hanging ornaments but again couldn't find them a place in our home
The lamp shades and chandeliers were also pretty and could add some interest to a room
I also liked these pictures, you could maybe try DIYing a version of these but I loved the one below and the home sweet home one.


This cupcake hanging menu holder or recipe holder (I'm not 100% sure what it is) would look lovely with some handwritten recipes in it or some thinner cookery books
These hanging candle holders from Mahouts were so pretty, and we don't have anything to hang them from in the garden but if we had a tree or something to attach them to I would have bought all 3.
There were also these brilliant candles from Beautiful Things by Becky which gave me so many ideas, I have made candles before as gifts at Christmas and used jars but the tea cup ones looked great!
These hanging hearts were just £1 each and a few of them hung from drawer pulls on a dresser or in a girly bathroom could look cute
 The candles in tea cups! They would look so cute and kitchy in a kitchen or dining room
And these egg cup ones would be perfect for Easter, as a table decoration or a gift. 
More glassware from Wendleberry Glass I really liked the heart and leaf artwork
These candle holders were interesting and I can imagine when the candles are lit the light would shine through and the colours would look great
The glass bowls and chopping boards were also interesting and in a bedroom the heart bowls would look nice on the bedside table for earrings or glasses etc
From Purple Holly there were these really cute homewares, I ummed and ahhed over getting these salt and pepper shakers but as we don't have a dining table I decided not to
These Orla Kiely vintage style mugs were lovely but not quite big enough for me (I like a massive mug of tea!)
 There were also vintage style egg cups
The vases were nice for small bunches or single flowers, sometimes you just don't need a large vase for a few flowers as they look a bit pathetic all on their own in there!
There were also loads of slate/blackboard things around, like these fridge magnets which I really liked
This stand from Butterfly Crafts had some beautiful little crafty items, like these cushions
This bunting would look pretty in a nursery or kids room
Also these funky lego cufflinks and flower earrings and hair slides
There were also lots of foods stalls around, actually it seemed they were equal in number to the home and garden stands which I hadn't expected. All in all it was a nice afternoon, although there are a fair few stands it isn't massive so you can see all the stands in an hour or two. If the weather had been better we could have sat watching the live music but it was just too cold to sit outside for any amount of time!

The event is running until tomorrow and it's worth a look I did buy some things, mainly for the garden, and I'll do a post on what I bought soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment